CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Privacy Engineering is a part of the larger Information Security team at Chipotle. This role will work in collaboration with members of the IT Security team to promote privacy-enhancing designs and set the engineering standards to ensure we’re managing data correctly. The Privacy Senior Engineer will be a part of a team that supports the execution of privacy and cybersecurity elements across the globe.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data.
· Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
· Develop and implement technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and reduce potential future privacy risks.
· Responsible for assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance, and the integrity of privacy solutions.
· Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications to new or existing software.
· Interface with developers and architects in implementing data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets.
· Interface with usability team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are intuitive and align to defined standards.
· Architect data privacy solutions in an enterprise environment
· Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred.
· 5 years’ experience in privacy / data protection or a graduate degree or concentration in privacy engineering
· Industry certifications (CISM, CISSP, CIPT) preferred
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence without authority.
· Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations with a bias to execution and delivery.
· Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams.
· Experience with data privacy platforms such as Securiti.ai or onetrust
· Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2022 list for Fortune’s Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit www.chipotle.com
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $110,000 to $151,000. You are also eligible for annual cash bonuses and equity awards based upon performance and other factors. Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education. Chipotle offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation time, and much more. Visit https://jobs.chipotle.com/benefits
Chipotle Mexican Grill is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. As a people-first company rooted in values, our purpose extends beyond serving nutritious food using real ingredients. It means hiring world-class individuals and fostering a culture that champions diversity, ensures equity, and celebrates inclusion. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. Please contact ADAaccommodations@chipotle.com if you need an accommodation due to a disability to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process. This email does not respond to non-accommodations related requests.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chipotle.com.