Business Analysts provide solutions to business problems. The specifics will vary by employer. Some analyst’s focus on IT systems, others focus on sales and marketing. In any case the business analyst is hired to improve the business to increase productivity or revenue. Key skills include Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills, understanding of business planning, and the ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis. Business Analysts usually hold a Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Business Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Lead Business Analyst for several global enterprise infrastructure projects for the Information Security Department: implementing Identity as a Service, enabling a new Security Framework, redesigning Active Directory, and enabling Microsoft Azure.
- Met with stakeholders to gather requirement specifications, use cases, workflow, and business rules and to obtain approvals.
- Coordinated with the QA team to write and manage test cases and determine if any reported defects were valid.
- Project lead in making sure that the identity management services worked for various user, test and application accounts in a new Active Directory forest.
- Collected, created, and digitized school inventories’ database by using Excel; checked the consistency, accuracy and continuity of data with the leverage of R.
- Cleaned and validated more than 3000 enrolled students’ performance data records through utilizing Excel and SQL.
- Summarized student population by major and utilized data visualization tool such as Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to present the analysis and results.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Collect and create materials for the preliminary requirement gathering process for existing and future enhancement projects.
- Design flowcharts that capture the processes of the Value Added Service (VAS) departments and opportunities for improvement.
- Organize a detailed network diagram to help other business organizations understand the information flow between servers by utilizing Microsoft Visio.
- Centralized Project Management and Business Analysis capabilities into one team to ensure consistency of IT processes and SDLC deliverables across all IT Solution Delivery teams.
- Functioned as the primary point of contact between IT and the leaders of each of the business units.
- Conducted JAD Sessions, interviewed Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) and stakeholders, asking detailed functionality aspects of business process.
- Work with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
- Documented use cases, workflows and sequence diagrams according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Develop user stories, work on data mapping, cooperate with SMEs, and make sure the development team can understand and will hence follow the design of business product.
- Initiate meetings, gather information from different parties to maintain the transparency of information and update all parties with the latest progress on the project.
Business Analyst Intern
- Conducted research and drafted a report for the Senior Manager on the oil and alternative energy sectors in North America.
- Provided customized business strategy and investment recommendations to the firm’s institutional and individual investors.
- Applied the dividend growth model and the valuation using multiples methods to calculate the target value of stocks.
- Responsible for interacting with the Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to gather, understand and analyze business requirements.
- Conducted requirements gathering sessions, interviews and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Studying business process of client’s functional areas. Conducted Business Reviews, User Interviews, weekly/ Monthly meetings with Business Users, SME’s.
- Performed Requirement Gathering & Analysis by actively soliciting, analysing and negotiating customer requirements and prepared the requirements specification document for the application using Microsoft Word.
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement through various meetings with business users and developers and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Developed the project plan with assistance from the management, and included provisions for project scope changes and issues and initiated efforts to make improvements.
Lead Business Analyst
- Instrumental in requirement gathering, high level design of a multi module Java Web application for the middle office. The application was shared for reporting of credits and balance calculations.
- Driving the project in various forums including scoping, Design review, backlog review, implementation and release planning.
- Followed Behavior Driven Development and was responsible for writing and managing the Cucumber Test Feature files for each module in a GIT repository.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked with the business users and with different levels of management to identify requirements.
- Closely worked with Business users, Developers and testers to review requirements and generate features from them.
- Prepared user stories and examples from the features as part of the BDD (Behavior Driver Development) approach.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Identified the stakeholders and elicited functional and non-functional requirements in sync with the scope of the project.
- Conducted GAP analysis to identify the gap or limitations of the existing system and designed AS-IS and To-Be processes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Performed Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis to check compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements and suggested methods to overcome them.
- Developed and gave presentations and product demos to the team for the flow of data in the three modules.
- Extensively used OBIEE 11 for customizing and modifying the physical, business model and mapping and presentation layers of metadata repository.