Warehouse workers prepare and process order requests and supply orders. They pull necessary materials, pack boxes and move them to the designated area. They often drive trucks to and from vendors and maintain truck by scheduling repairs. A high school degree or it’s equivalent is required and many employers request that the warehouse worker be a licensed forklift driver. Warehouse workers have a certain subset of skills like, the ability to lift heavy objects, good organizational and time management skills, proficiency with inventory systems and modern warehousing practices.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Warehouse resumes for your reference.
- Order Selecting: Assembled customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys for orders to go to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information using marking device.
- Weigh or count items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Preparing orders by processing requests and supply orders, pulling materials, packing boxes, and placing orders in delivery area.
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Performed general labor duties in a timely manner, efficiently moved freight, stock, and various materials.
- Fed or removed materials to/from machines, picked up unwanted household goods, packed materials to prepare for shipment.
- Packed/wrapped products by hand, worked with machine operators in moving materials.
- Introduced check sheets for the verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, labeling, storing in designated storage areas, and filed requisitions for out of stock items and supplies.
- Re-structured the warehouse layout with effective utilization of the overhead space by installing a mezzanine system to accommodate the laminated foam dinnerware.
- Created excel spread sheets to keep a track of inventory count and conducted quarterly physical counts to fix the records.
- Ride around warehouse on transporter and stack selected orders on pallets to be shipped to specific store/restaurant.
- Meat Department: Stack meat orders for specific store/restaurant using forklift.
- Weigh, package, and stack produce orders for specific store/restaurant using forklift.
- Establishing or Adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands, as directed by production schedules.
- Enhanced team cohesion and collaboration, leading, guiding and mentoring employees on standards and best practices.
- Ensured accuracy of all customer shipments, while maintaining the effectiveness of the department.
- Maintaining Customer requirements of product, with accuracy of their receiving, shipping and inventory documentation.
- Follow work instructions to preform test on phones and determine if they pass or fail the inspection criteria.
- Proper print and label phone for next progress.
- Pallet sort and transfer, disturbed product to line and insure workers had phones to work with.
- Prepared orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulled materials; packed boxes; placed orders in delivery area.
- Completed deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors.
- Operated stand up and pallet jack forklift to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage area.
- Planned, organized and monitored the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops.
- Maintained staffing level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Scheduled inbound truck appointments and scheduled daily freight lines for pickup.
- My duties include making sure orders are picked and shipped in a timely manner.
- Making sure medications and all medical equipment are kept in proper storage and charted for the health department.
- Making delivery routes for our drivers while also helping with customer service needs.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, or product.
- Receives product to be sure quantity and quality are acceptable.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for items and distributes items to customer or applicators for distribution.
- Maintains warehouse, location grounds and equipment to acceptable company standards.
- Received orders and unloaded packages from the truck and stored them properly in the warehouse.
- Maintained a clean work environment, and kept tools and equipment used for unloading and loading goods in their assigned places.
- Held responsibility for quality control of products and goods stored in the warehouse and made sure that they were not damaged.
- Maintained accurate records of the materials received and transported out of the warehouse; submitted records to the senior manager.
- Assisted with assembly line production for private label packaging and manufacturing of bottles in many shapes and sizes and other high quality products to the automotive aftermarket.
- Interact with other departments responsible for markets such as lawn and garden and household products.
- Operate heavy machinery such as pallet jacks to move materials and items from shipping and receiving areas.
- Create and maintain safe working environment by maintaining work area and upholding safety regulations.