These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Software Engineer resumes for your reference.
- Applied Software Development Life Cycle concepts and performed tasks such as creating documents for Functional Requirements, Analysis and Design using Microsoft Visio.
- Designs and implements changes in large codebase with hundreds of features and significant backwards compatibility concerns.
- Recognized as an SME and one of the ‘leaders on the InPharmacy team’; assists other engineers every day with stand-out troubleshooting skills and application knowledge.
- Identifies KPI’s for system performance to that provide insights into system performance.
- Devises aggregation techniques for platform data and creates actionable heuristics utilized for a product support team.
- Created and documented various convenience utilities in C# and powershell to automate day to day repetitive tasks within QA, which involved deep domain knowledge of the tasks.
- Assisted principal developers in debugging and testing both userland code in C#, and kernel level windows code in C/C++ using a variety of tools and debugging techniques including kernel debuggers, network protocol sniffers and analyzers.
- Worked with a mentor developer to find, document and fix software bugs, adhering to well established software development guidelines.
- Involved in developing, enhancing the browser based Intranet applications using ASP.NET, C#.
- Developed the presentation layer which consisted of ASP.NET Web Forms, User Controls and their associated code-behind files.
- Analysis of the requirement (information) provided by Client team.
- Developed Data Access layer (DAL) for communicating SQL Server.
- 2 years of experience in Developing, Maintenance and Implementation of client/server applications. Using OO.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in Node.js, .Net, jQuery, LINQ, Test Planning, Test Strategy, Test Execution, Test Result, Test Cases, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, RESTful API,SASS, HTML,CSS.
- Automation experience using Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver and TestNG frameworks.
- Accomplished end-to-end vendor and product registration process utilizing Spring MVC Architecture.
- Designed an algorithm to recommend people accounting relative weighted score with current user’s skills.
- Implemented AngularJS Validation to validate user inputs and to create a user-friendly web application.
- Developed forgot password functionality utilizing Spring Security. Used MailSender for sending reset password link.
- Restructured the Internal Funds Transfer module so as to optimize the performance approximately by 30%, by modifying framework stored procedures and queries.
- Developed reusable components in Java so as to reduce the heavy calls to the database and hence improving the performance of an Account Activity Module approximately by 10%.
- Received the appreciation from the senior manager for the successful and smooth delivery of the product.
- Implement new functionality and modifying existing functionality for one of the world’s largest ecommerce sites.
- Balance modularization and optimization in order to create code that is both reusable and lightning fast.
- Work with designers, BSAs, and TPMs to clarify requirements, architect solutions, and finally implement.
Senior Software Engineer
- Design, development, deployment, bug fixes and production support of application in Asp.net environment.
- Followed Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) and performed test driven development to deliver quality results.
- Implemented Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services in the application.
- Used Enterprise Library 5.0 for application Logging and Exception handling.
- Designed and implemented Saved Search data model and UI in Agile environment, as well as prioritizing tickets, giving time estimates, and feedback on technical feasibility on features
- Researched and implemented custom search solution which was standardized among all product pages.
- Designed and developed a Web Application with .NET MVC framework, HTML, CSS3 and C# along with the Integration of RESTful service like WEB API.
- Created Interfaces in C# to communicate through the WCF services.
- Used Entity Framework technology for querying, data retrieval, manipulation and data storage using LINQ.
- Enhanced the SAP legacy system for client from the requirement to the deployment phase as the SAP-ISU consultant.
- Analyzed and regulated the configuration of the system for successful implementation of the product, developed new RATES (codes), created test cases according to the required criteria, implemented the test cases end to end and successfully documented the entire process.
- Mentored junior resources, imparted knowledge transfer and guided them during the testing phase.