Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing employees and making strategies for effective running and profits of the restaurants. Restaurant Managers need such skills as improving the running of the business, arranging menus, marketing the business, recruiting and training the staff, handling administration and paperwork. Those interested in this job must be university graduates or school leavers, but employers prefer candidates with degree in business studies, management, hotel/hospitality management.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Restaurant Manager resumes for your reference.
- Started as a server, then a shift leader in less than a year became a Restaurant Manager.
- Customer service, make deposits, cash handling, training, put in produce orders, surprivising servers, cooks, and busboys.
- I multi task very well; Handle customer complaints in house or/ and corporate complaints, Tracking food new products and old products.
- Started as a hostess in a high volume restaurant quickly worked my way to General Store Manager.
- My responsibilities include making staff schedules weekly, interviewing/hiring/disciplinary/firing authority, created SOP for all front and back of house positions, taking reservations, handled catering.
- Aloha POS programmer, Social media/marketing expert, cleaning and sanitizing expert guaranteeing customers pleasure, ensuring all employees execute job duties correctly, all clerical work, inventory and product ordering, assuring store ran precisely.
- Constant Communication and Feedback between Team Members and Guests to ensure all needs are met.
- Owned the staffing and development of both the Front of the House and Heart of the House on a daily basis.
- Consistently received Exceeds Expectations on Performance Evaluations and highest possible ratings.
- Created and initiated restaurant competitions with incentives to improve Team Moral and Performance.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service while enforcing sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas and upholding all ServSafe guidelines.
- It was my job to manager the FOH of the restaurant, make the scedulenfor host, busser, and express togo, and to care for the guest.
- Throughout the shifts it was my responsibility to maintain a smooth running restaurant.
- If there were any mishaps I would tend to the problem and make sure it gets fixed.
- Initially I took on a serving position at these joint establishments to attain some supplemental income.
- I had a lengthy history in service and hospitality prior to taking the job and after a few months the restauranteur promoted me to manager of The Mill.
- In addition to all standard fine dining practices I handled the hiring and firing of all front of house staff, scheduling of those employees, updating and promoting our social media profiles, keeping the bar stocked & creating daily specials with the chef as well as artisanal seasonal drinks.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of daily operations of upscale restaurant employing 16 associates.
- Developed and monitored recipes maintaining a cost control of 25% in beverage and 30% food.
- Surpassed first year sales target by 8% and reached a net income of 19%.
Restaurant & Bar Manager
- Purchased and ordered provisions; processed sales receipts, payroll, tax deposits, credit card settlement, and cash reconciliation in order to achieve revenue and budget goals within fiscal periods.
- Created, designed, and implemented cost efficient menus to increase profits while ensuring customer satisfaction and enticing new clients.
- Maintained sufficient inventory levels by calculating sales, predicting trends and creating strong relationships with sales vendors.
- Delivered completed applications and appropriate documentation for required liquor, sidewalk café, equipment licenses and/or permits.
- Manage all daily functions of a fast-paced restaurant providing support to the owner, staff and ensuring Outstanding customer service levels at all times.
- Employee hiring, scheduling, food preparation, ordering/inventory control, payroll, sales budgeting, promoting And marketing the business, cash handling, running daily cash flow reports.
- Design food and beverage menus that captured attention to a loyal customer base.
- Spent two years each managing two out of three locations in a family-owned restaurant group, helping to create clearly distinct brands for each.
- Maintained a presence in local community organizations, hosting events and overseeing charitable causes.
- Planned private events, including planning of menus, execution and settling of all contracts.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate the dining room staff to ensure the highest quality service is provided to all the guests.
- Great and interact with guests ensuring that they are completely satisfied with their dining experience.
- Preparing reports at the end of the week/shift including staff control, food and sales.
- Ensure dining room and restaurant is clean and set appropriately according to brand standard.
- Clearly and promptly communicated pertinent information to staff, such as large reservations or last minute menu changes.
- Organized special events in the restaurant, including receptions, promotions and corporate luncheons.
- Recognized and formally acknowledged outstanding staff performance to boost company morale and productivity.
- Promoted a positive atmosphere and went above and beyond to guarantee each customer received exceptional food and service.