Office managers are responsible for the daily operations and procedures of the office. They handle payroll tasks, design systems like filing and supply requests. They also assign and monitor the completion of clerical tasks. Common Skills for an office manager include good communication, strong presentation shills, goal and task oriented, as well as negotiating and networking skills. Many office managers receive on the job training and are required to have an associates degree or certificate. Some employers prefer bachelor’s degrees.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Office Manager resumes for your reference.
- Coordinate office support services, including purchasing and facilities management.
- Select office vendors, supervise the purchasing process, direct maintenance staff.
- Bookkeeping and financial responsibilities, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Manage, schedule, and coordinate office functions and activities for an 18-person office.
- Supervised a 10 employee Customer Service call center, as well as a 6 employee New Customer call center.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Screened all phone calls, emails, and calendar for the Owner, responds to correspondence, and coordinates meetings.
- Manage daily operations and serve as a support for Director.
- Responsible for closing clinic on a daily basis, securing building and completing all billing and parent communication duties by the end of every work day.
- Create and maintain patient monthly calendars and coordinate with parents time off request, cancellations, etc.
- Create and maintain all staff annual schedules and coordinate attendance following disciplinary protocol.
- Ensured daily operations ran smoothly while managing 15 internal staff and 25 field staff. Oversaw course materials.
- Inventory and international shipments, originating shipment plans, tracking, and confirming arrivals at final destinations.
- Worked in conjunction with educational directors, teachers, and counselors to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Duties included accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, minor human resources work, supervising administrative assistants, IT support, travel arrangements, secretarial duties such as correspondence, answering phones and calendar management.
- I also served as executive assistant to John A. Braden, CPA.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Drafted meeting agendas, supplied advance materials and executed follow-up for meetings and team conferences.
- Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
- Ordered and distributed office supplies while adhering to a fixed office budget.
- Responsible for managing office administration and operations such as: payroll, filing systems, and supply acquisitions.
- Maximized production and profits by overseeing contracts and negotiating price reduction with third party vendors on air and heating units.
- Mitigated complaints and internal staff relations while ensuring a safe and secure working environment.
- Main role was to enter daily manifest data into roll-off and tractor trailer summaries for billing included client information, type of haul, tonnage, net weight, miles of travel and driver hours.
- Answering phone calls and writing up work orders from call ins and through dispatch email.
- Prepared payables to send to owners as they entered billing and did payables / receivables.
- Coordinate with HR to assist with New Hire onboarding process and integration and administering drug test process, finger print for Government Clearance.
- Provides reception coverage and maintain organization charts, and employee rosters.
- Special projects, including invoicing, billing, reviewing and auditing files, assisting with bids or proposals as needed.
- Scheduling and planning meetings, ordering supplies and contacting maintenance or repair professionals for office equipment as needed.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Manage and maintain complex calendars, scheduling meetings and off-sites for partners, both domestic and international.
- Create detailed itineraries for both domestic and international travel.
- Produce correspondence, expense reports, spreadsheets and other documents in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner.
- Directed and assisted with daily office operations, aligned staff, resources and delegates effectively to meet office goals and objectives.
- Provided adequate personnel management, technical and administrative support.
- Reviewed and evaluated work processes and service delivery, identifying areas needing improvement and taking appropriate action.