Financial Analysts improve finances by analyzing and monitoring variances. They take note of tends and recommend next steps to management. Financial Analysts have strong communication skills, computer skills, the ability to decision make in critical situations, a close attention to detail and strong math skills. A bachelor’s degree is required in finance, business, math or related fields. Some employers prefer master’s degrees.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Financial Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports to stores and cost/profit centers.
- Compiled and reviewed complex data to assess multimillion-dollar accounts and business units.
- Prepare annual financial information binder to be provided to the external auditors.
- Reviewed claim submissions for various industries and identified revenue trends to calculate gains/losses of business income over periods of time.
- Prepared payment vouchers upon approval of award amounts.
- General Ledger account reconciliation to ensure proper recording.
- Analyzed financial records which include Profit and Loss Statements, Federal Tax Returns, and Sales and Use Returns.
- Read and interpret customer agreements and ensure payments are contractually compliant.
- Ensure all accruals / settlement rebate calculations are updated for the month end close process.
- Identify, communicate, and implement best practice solutions for process and profitability improvements.
- Prepare financial summaries as well as ad-hoc analysis used by the department heads, senior management, and business managers in support of key decisions related to company projects and budgets.
- Provide robust modeling and reporting to facilitate executive-level decision making.
- Proficient in data mining methods, extracting relevant information for reports and presentations.
- Develop, implement and manage methods, procedures, and systems to track expenditures.
- Identified and analyzed key drivers to forecast change to increase accuracy for strategic decision making.
- Supported Financial Planning and Analysis team preparing deliverables for business unit leadership team presentation.
- Collaborated with supply chain management team on meeting external customer key performance indicators for order fulfillment and worked with the team and finance to resolve any delays to meet forecast goals.
- Partner with Division leads on annual plan, budget updates and related analysis, identifying assumptions, drivers of change, and risks and opportunities.
- Track performance and provide financial support, analysis, and recommendations to Category leads to support $325 million trade budget.
- Deliver key findings and recommendations on promotion strategies for Coffee-Mate, Coffee, and Nesquik categories through deep dive analysis to drive efficiency and growth.
- Lead account calls to review prior month performance and assess planned promotions for month ahead.
- Trained and mentored contractors/ junior analysts on contracts, processes, and analyzing financial statements.
- Profit and loss budget/ forecast development and analysis for a book of business of 70M annually.
- Ownership of the cash flow forecast and analyzed variances to the forecast.
- Responsible for monitoring lease administration and providing financial reports with actionable recommendations to senior management.
- Oversee personnel allocations and expenses across 30+ real estate accounts.
- Create and distribute custom financial reports for all grant, operating, discretionary, and program activity.
- Reduced the time needed to prepare monthly and quarterly presentations for Verizon Consumer Markets by standardizing schedules of P&L results.
- This allowed product managers to add explanations and return schedules in ½ day instead of 1 full day.
- Create monthly scorecards to produce metrics of current and prior year revenue and expenses for use in monthly package to division directors.
- Reviewed budgets, records, and statements with management to assess performance of insurance policies and securities.
- Conducted financial modeling of future cash flows, returns on investments, tax consequences, and insurance alternatives.
- Analyzed documents involving employee benefits to ensure clients had cohesive financial plans.
- Drafted proposals and presentations outlining insurance and retirement options to gain new business.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, opportunities and investment risks.
- Assemble spreadsheets, decks, and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Successfully implement the investment accounting platforms to support operations and accounting for asset managers, insurance companies.
- Develop monthly/quarterly Financial Results packages for all of Global Marketing Communications executives.
- Manage quarterly sign-off reconciliation for Global Marketing Communications Prepaid Asset and liability accounts.
- Manage departmental procedure database and ensure accuracy of internal Knowledgebase system.
- Manage external vendor payments and ensure proper accounting.