Data Analysts hold bachelor’s degrees in information technology, statistics or a related field. Some companies require master’s degrees. Analysts should be skilled in knowledge of database types, data warehousing, and computer programing languages. Data analysts have a strong foundation in analytical and mathematical skills. Their chief responsibilities include gathering and analyzing data for businesses to create solutions to problems. They also design systems and databases to house this information. Data analysts spend most of their time in front of computer.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Data Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Expertise in designing and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing various Tableau visualizations like Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat maps, Bubble Charts, Geographic visualization and other local/global filters according to the business/client requirement.
- Experienced writing HiveQL, transforming data in the data warehouse (Hadoop) for providing data summarization, ad-hoc query, and analysis of large datasets.
- Excellent communication skills, strong team-building and conflict management skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently and as a part of a multi-functional, geographically diverse team.
- Perform data extraction from raw data, followed by data validation to find dirty elements.
- Analyze the gathered data and compare it with competitor’s prices and reported on them to senior.
- Put together, compiled and tracked data to generate reports that helped in managerial decisions.
- Took charge including clients’ reception, market data collection and analyzed those data.
- Create and present data visualizations to keep management and program staff informed of each school’s progress and highlight problematic areas.
- Provide in-person and online trainings to more than 100 program staff.
- Build and analyze surveys to measure program quality and success.
- Use deep understanding of grants and data analysis to provide financial information to drive program decisions which have saved the organization over $500,000.
- Managing/designing the reporting for the new Premier Banking Program – including measuring the effectiveness of the program and incentive tracking.
- Re-designed manual processes for the automation of weekly reports using VBA to generate reports that are more efficient and accurate.
- Forecasts the staffing needs of the call center based on various metrics and models the impact of future business decisions.
- Daily Extraction and Cleaning of data from Business Intelligence Warehouse in order to transform the data into reports.
- Created several templates, reports and queries in Business Warehouse as part of the simplification process.
- Providing Daily, Weekly and Monthly Data Analysis and report recommendations to stakeholders.
- Processing bulk data into figures, charts and reports understandable by the stakeholders.
- Automation of in house reports and maintaining communications with different departments in order to fulfill their requirements.
- Conducted independent statistical analysis, descriptive analysis, hypothesis testing and logistic regression.
- Provided assistance for health care projects through SSRS, EHR and analysis software tools.
- Assisted in development of data formatting and cleaning criteria from various data sources.
- Generated database reports, presentation and documentation of analytical methods.
- Successfully secured over 100 investment portfolios and maintain good standing by continuing communication with bank representatives.
- Utilized tools such as SQL and excel to track monthly data and add to portfolio monitoring database.
- Increased detection of inconsistencies in data analysis by utilizing tools and applying new findings to database.
- Created programming rules and guidelines to increase efficiency in data analysis for varying formats of financial data.
- Data file management activities such as extraction, transformation and transmission of electronic records from related and non-related operating systems, as well as the intake, analysis, quality control, and loading of these data files from clients and business partners.
- Production support of nightly data integration jobs for our hosted clients by reviewing load reports and rerunning jobs that failed.
- Update JIRA, our incident management reporting system.
- Curating incoming data from other countries and using it in a corporate environment for a large scale mapping application.
- Fielding and analyzing data from multiple global markets and used to help better an international business product.
- Responsible for overall accuracy using client specific sources as well as internet and social media sources.
- Collected and analyzed operational data to improve and develop products.
- Researched users’ characteristics, established analytic system, and recommended product improvements.
- Analyzed transaction data and daily traffic of online shops, suggested marketing features.
- Completed the front-end and back-end designs and constructed the website.
- Managed the database of the back-end, managed the flow report of the website.
- Designed and modified functions of the mobile application both under IOS and Android.
- Develop scalable databases using Access, Excel and SQL to analyze over 500,000 claim records.
- Conduct quantitative analyses on claims and member data to understand behaviors and demographics.
- Create interactive dashboards in Excel and PowerPoint using charts, tables, and Excel formulas to concisely present key insights.