An Artist’s main responsibility is to create and produce art. The artist may be skilled in various areas like realistic drawing, constructive drawing, the ability to draw from life and drawing from memory and imagination. There are no formal educational requirements to become an artist but many attend schooling to get a deeper knowledge of techniques, and application. Many artists have degrees in art history.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Artist resumes for your reference.
- Work collaboratively with artists and other staff members on extensive projects.
- Clean and organize extremely busy studio.
- Work independently and in teams on ongoing projects at construction sites and in the studio.
- Brainstorm ideas for new samples to present to clients.
- Provide excellent customer service that leads to a positive shopping experience.
- Setup appointments for our services as well as special events.
- Suggest color combinations for skin and face that best meet customer needs and desires.
- Demonstrate use and proper applications of said products.
- Prepared clients for several gala events including bridal parties and sweet sixteen.
- Re-sold cosmetic products to clients.
- Provide aid and guidance about maintaining hygiene and applying/removing makeup.
- Did makeup in a timely and efficient manner with as many as 20 clients in one day.
- Worked events including fashion shows and theater performances.
- Applied makeup quickly but gently to ensure a pleasurable experience for each client.
- Demonstrated excellent cleanliness and sanitation when providing services.
- Closed out service tickets by verifying employees schedules; notated the account by creating a dispatch if a follow-up was needed or proceeded to invoicing.
- Maintained data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Invoiced the service calls: when the workers are done in the field, they bring in service tickets (showing what they did at the site, times, and if parts were being used) I would then proceed in bringing it to the supervisor prior to billing for review.
- Lead A&R, securing remixes, booking studio time and arranging collaborations with artists.
- Key point of contact for all third parties to artist, including; record labels, lawyers,publicists, booking agent.
- Manage all aspects of performances including; promoter collaboration, travel, securing backing band, social media, guest lists, payment, set up and break down, AV advances.
- Facilitated makeup courses, which taught technique and product knowledge.
- Built a wide spread clientele based off of service, personality, and skills.
- Established long lasting relationships with staff, trainers, and management team.
- Implemented organizational methods for counter practices and managerial work to achieve tasks in timely manner.
- Conferred with artist to develop strategies that would positively affect their career.
- Scheduled and curated artist performances and appearances.
- Managed artists business and financial including promotion, travel, employing photographer, and selling tickets.
- My goal is to provide the best customer service to my clients, and make them feel confidence, beautiful and comfortable.
- I do makeup for any event, I also give my clients advice in how to maintain a clean, and smooth skin.
- Also I provide makeup classes, and teach them new makeup techniques, and show them how to use their own makeup on them.
- Responsible and mature individual who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Enjoys working as part of a team to achieve sales goals.
- Friendly and reliable customer service professional skilled in achieving sales targets in high-end merchandise environments.
- Energetic person highly knowledgeable about the latest fashion trends.
- Build and maintain Artist website and client database of over 900 current and potential clients.
- Build relationships with vendors and coordinate warehousing of supplies.
- Forecast, track, and implement marketing and sales strategies.
- The thing I love about working in retail is you never know what kind of customer you will come across.
- All customers are important, and I am of the belief that if your customers are treated well, then the business will prosper.
- I always strive to go above and beyond what is expected, and when the customer leaves happy, I feel like I have done my job to the best of my ability.